Welcome to Awakenings

Life IS history in the making. Every word we say, everything we do becomes history the moment it is said or done. Life void of memories leaves nothing but emptiness. For those who might consider history boring, think again: It is who we are, what we do and why we are here. We are certainly individuals in our thoughts and deeds but we all germinated from seeds planted long, long ago.

Monday, March 21, 2016

Li'l Woofer Day

Also being celebrated...From the Strawberry Fields

So true for humans & animals!
Studies show that 62% of US households have a pet...some kind of pet, whether fish, gerbils, hamsters, snakes, ferrets, turtles, they are all considered pets (discluding the pet rock!). Dogs rank at the top of the list boasting 39% of all U.S. households owning at least one canine, while cats are a close second at 33% of all U.S. households having at least one cat. Whatever the choice, we love and take care of our pets often spoiling them rotten! Do you walk the dog or does the dog walk you? Do you have a favorite chair or does the cat sometimes allow you a turn? Such is life with a pet!


March 21 is...
National Puppy Day

 
 Just Look at That Face!

National Puppy Day celebrates the joy that puppies can bring to our homes and lives, but also is a great chance to adopt an orphan or needy dog and to give him or her home, a loving parent, and a chance at a happy life.National Puppy Day was founded by Colleen Paige in 2006 in an effort to educate about puppy mills and to save homeless puppies around the world.
National Puppy Day is a special day to celebrate the magic and unconditional love that puppies bring to our lives. But more importantly, it's a day to help save orphaned puppies across the globe and educate the public about the horrors of puppy mills, as well as further our mission for a nation of puppy-free pet stores. Normally celebrated on March 23rd, this year the date has changed to March 21st. Click HERE or the photo below to visit the National Puppy Day site. [Source: Colleen Paige]
http://www.nationalpuppyday.com/
 Who could not love me!


A Puppy's Prayer


Now I lay me down to sleep,
The king-size bed is soft and deep...
I sleep right in the center groove
My human being can hardly move!

I’ve trapped her legs,
she’s tucked in tight
And here is where I pass the night
No one disturbs me or dares intrude
Till morning comes and “I want food!”

I sneak up slowly to begin
  my nibbles on my human’s chin.
She wakes up quickly,
I have sharp teeth-
I’m a puppy, don’t you see?

For the morning’s here
and it’s time to play
I always seem to get my way.
So thank you Lord for giving me
This human person that I see.

The one who hugs and holds me tight
And shares her bed with me at night!

Author Unknown

Now give all those puppies, whether teeny, tiny or great big overgrown sweeties, a big hug and let them know just how loved and precious they are to you today and every day!


 HAPPY PUPPY DAY!

 And if you have any cute puppy stories or memories, please share, 
love to hear them!! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment