Welcome to Awakenings

Life IS history in the making. Every word we say, everything we do becomes history the moment it is said or done. Life void of memories leaves nothing but emptiness. For those who might consider history boring, think again: It is who we are, what we do and why we are here. We are certainly individuals in our thoughts and deeds but we all germinated from seeds planted long, long ago.

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Teacher Appreciation, Part II


~Teacher Appreciation Week, May 6 - 10, 2013~

Do you have a current or recall a former teacher that you will never forget? Is that remembrance comforting, filled with encouragement, or possibly totally humorous? Perhaps, even one that reflects a teacher who may not necessarily be classified a favorite but as you reflect, realize what a great impact that person has, or had, on your life? Could there be more than just a single teacher who in one way or another left an everlasting impression? Have you taken the time to let them know how much they are truly appreciated?



As you ponder such questions, it must be taken into account that learning experiences transpire over a decade plus, across many disciplines, and under the helm of numerous educators and administrators. Like the molding of clay into a find piece of pottery, many persons in the education field has, or has had, his/her 'hand' in shaping who you are today.

From kindergarten to elementary to middle to high school on to the workplace or college or university, each had a unique part and the list could go on and on and on... . Teachers play a key role in every individual’s development and evolution. Showing appreciation to each one is therefore the least one can do as an act of gratitude. Remember to express your appreciation this week, next week and every week to come!
"The task of the excellent teacher is to stimulate "apparently ordinary" people into unusual effort. The tough problem is not in identifying winners: it is in making winners out of ordinary people."
                                                                                                 ~K. Patricia Cross

6 comments:

  1. I had three teachers that stand out above others, though they were not the only ones who were important. My fourth grade teacher, Mrs. Schiff, who encouraged me to write creatively, my high school English teacher, Dr. Silver, who taught me parsing a sentence could be fun ... and Dr. Wekerle who taught me how to really think and then how to write it so others would understand my thoughts. I would not be who I am nor could I have accomplished nearly as much without them. Teachers make a huge difference in our world. Thanks to all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was my fifth grade teacher who patiently helped me through math, saying as a straight A student, I had a math block. Sadly I still do, but she gave me the confidense I needed to push forward. One of my english teachers in high school inspired me to write and another stayed after school and brought my math grade up to an A. I needed support from teachers because my family like most in the late 50's took no interest in my grades, good or bad.

    Great subject for posting.

    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jadwal Tarung Adu Ayam SV388 16 Maret 2019 di Situs Judi Sabung Ayam Online Melalui Agen Resmi Taruhan Sabung Ayam Live Asli Thailand.

    Situs Judi Sabung Ayam Online SV388 Merupakan Situs Judi Asal Thailand Yang Sangat Terkenal Dengan Permainan Sabung Ayam Yang Fair dan Menghibur Para Penonton Judi Sabung Ayam.

    Untuk Info Lebih Lanjut Bisa Hub kami Di :
    wechat : bolavita
    line : cs_bolavita
    whatsapp : +628122222995
    BBM: BOLAVITA

    ReplyDelete